Carrefour and Google sign strategic partnership
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on a new grocery shopping experience, which will be available early 2019 through the Google Assistant, connected speakers like Google Home and a new experience on the Google shopping website in France
● Carrefour will open an innovation lab in Paris this summer in partnership with Google Cloud where Carrefour engineers will work side-by-side with Google Cloud AI experts to co-create new consumer experiences
● Google will support Carrefour’s digital transformation by deploying G Suite productivity tools and collaborative solutions across the entire Carrefour group. 1,000 Carrefour employees will be trained in new technologies
Carrefour and Google announced today a strategic partnership around three initiatives: availability of Carrefour on a new Google shopping website and Google Assistant in France, creation of a Carrefour-Google innovation lab and digitization acceleration of the Carrefour Group.
Through this partnership, Google will bring its technology and skills in AI, cloud, and new consumer shopping interfaces like the Google Assistant. Carrefour will bring its product expertise and know-how in logistics and sales.
The common objective of this partnership is to bring together the expertise of both companies to offer consumers new and innovative commerce experiences in France, whether that’s in a store, online, on smartphones, or with voice.
This strategic partnership is based on three initiatives:
● A new buying experience from Carrefour across Google platforms (Assistant , Google Home and a new experience on the Google Shopping website in France), expanding the Carrefour footprint in the digital ecosystem. The common goal of both companies is to provide users with simplified and intuitive buying experiences. By early 2019, users in France will be able to shop for groceries through a variety of channels including on Google Home, via the Google Assistant on their mobile phone, or on the Web through the new Google shopping destination in France. Items can be delivered to their homes or available for pick up in-store.
● The opening of an innovation lab in Paris this summer in partnership with Google Cloud where Carrefour engineers will work side-by-side with Google Cloud AI experts to co-create new consumer experiences.
● A training program to accelerate the digital transformation of Carrefour Group. The initiative, which has been in progress since the beginning of the year, aims to incorporate a culture of quick decision-making and agility within the group. In this context, more than a thousand employees of Carrefour will be trained with the support of Google Cloud in six months. Carrefour will deploy Google Cloud’s G Suite productivity and collaboration solutions (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Hangouts, Docs, etc.) to more than 160,000 Carrefour employees; and the use of Google Cloud Platform infrastructure will be accelerated.
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more